Work Rights For International Students

Working on a Student Visa

Student visa holders can work up to 40 hours every two weeks (fortnight) during study terms and unlimited hours during school holiday breaks.

Before starting your work you will need:

Australian Bank Account

To open an account you will need to have your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), passport, Letter of Offer and other forms of identification.You can choose your bank from many domestic and international banks.

Australian Tax File Number (TFN)

You can apply for TFN at the Australian Tax office. Visit

For more information on popular industries for students to work in, your rights and responsibilities, your employer’s rights and information about the Fair Work Ombudsman visit:

Contact to Listing Owner

Captcha Code